All tutors are...
- stringently selected (only about 5% of those who apply are accepted).
- graduates (bachelors, honours and masters degree).
- specialists in their own field.
- trained to teach the subjects allocated.
- experienced and committed to the classes they are teaching.
Special features of tutors:
- Authors of school textbooks and revision books
- Former Cambridge 'O' level examiners
- Teacher trainers for schools and NIE
- Department heads in schools
- Current and former school teachers (former teachers are not retirees but those who have resigned to pursue other endeavors)
- Trained teachers with Diploma in Education, Master of Education, and Doctorate of Philosophy
- Professionals with exposure in the private sector such as engineers, lawyers, accountants
- Patent holders
- Dedicated tutors that have been with the company for many years
- Teachers have good track records as seen in the excellent performances and improvements of students under them
- Caring, patient and helpful
- Tutors have good class management and class control
PL Education Centre does NOT...
- Accept tutors who are uncommitted, ineffective, and irresponsible.
- Change tutors indiscriminately. Tutors generally remain for the whole year.
- Employ non-graduates
- Make tutors teach a subject they are not proficient in.
- Combine different levels into a class for secondary & JC